The Manassas Park City Library is pleased to offer our community Tech Help Appointments!
These one-on-one appointments with library staff and volunteers are designed to help you become familiar with common computer and internet functions and to increase our community’s digital literacy!
- Basic computer skills
- Library website and catalog
- Library resources such as Overdrive/Libby, Hoopla, and our other online databases in the Digital Library
- Email/Internet Basics
- Social Media
- Office productivity software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Usage of patron owned devices such as eReaders, tablets and smartphones
- Basic computer troubleshooting
- Zoom video conferencing software
- Other computer or technology-related questions
- Hardware Issues
- Removing Viruses or other Malware
- Appointments are limited to 30 minutes
- A patron can only book 1 appointment per month
- Patrons must register for an appointment
- Appointments are on a first come first served basis
- Patrons must bring their own devices, cords, and equipment
- Library staff and volunteers will be walking you through tasks and will only touch your device with your permission.
- Library staff and volunteers cannot be held responsible for damage to patron-owned equipment
Tech Help appointments are currently suspended! Be sure to keep an eye out for when we pick them back up again!
GCF LearnFree has easy to follow tutorials on almost everything tech related. Best of all, it’s free!
Some topics include: Computer, Email, and Internet basics, Online Safety, Windows 10, iPad/Android basics, Social Media, and much more!